Conveying Abnormal Freight
The driver will learn everything necessary to drive a vehicle deemed as carrying an abnormal load. Safeguard your company by teaching your drivers defensive driving tactics, and to ensure the greater safety of all road users.
- Introduction to the vehicle.
- Turbo Retarded Clutch – Torque convertors, dynamic traction, fifth wheel loading, understanding power dividers / Differentials / Diff lock application / Engine’s / Transmissions, driveline management.
- Daily vehicle inspection – Exterior / Interior checks.
- Understand abnormal loads and dynamics.
- Regulation TRH 11
- Understanding loading and securing dynamics.
- Demo Drive by Trainer, using best practice methods as stipulated by the manufacturer.
- Delegate drive under supervision of the trainer applying best practice methods as stipulated by the manufacturer.
- Defensive driving Techniques.
- Economic Driving Techniques.
- Dynamic driving skills in varying terrain.
The delegate will understand the product and gain knowledge of its functions. Improved productivity with more uptime. Improved maintenance costs. Improved safety.
Valid PrDP and correct licence to drive vehicle type.
1 Trainer to 4 Delegates.